- How do I book onto an event?
- I'm trying to book onto an event online. Where can I find answers to the most frequently asked questions?
- When will I receive my receipt?
- Can I get a copy of my receipt?
- I am not a Member or Fellow of the RCoA – can I still attend an RCoA event?
- I am a Member of the Senior Fellows Club – do I qualify for a discount?
- How do I get to the RCoA?
- Where are the nearest hotels to the RCoA?
- How do I know if the event is fully booked?
- How can I put my name on a waiting list?
- How do I cancel my place on the event?
- Can I transfer my place to another event?
- When will I get my Certificate of Attendance?
- Can I get a copy of my Certificate of Attendance?
- I attended an event. How do I record this activity on the online CPD system?
- How do I access online lectures and webcasts?
How do I book onto an event?
Find an event within the Calendar of Events that you wish to apply for. Click on the event and apply by clicking on BOOK NOW button on the right hand side of the screen. A new window will appear which will take you to our secure online bookings system. Hard copy application forms can be sent via fax or by post to the Finance Department at the College.
I'm trying to book onto an event online. Where can I find answers to the most frequently asked questions?
If you are experiencing problems or have any questions when booking onto events online, please refer to our Online Events Bookings FAQs guide. Alternatively, please contact the Events Team.
When will I receive my receipt?
Once you have registered for an event using our online bookings system, a receipt will be emailed to you automatically confirming your payment and place. The receipt will be sent to the email address you provided at the time of your booking. If you are applying by post or fax, a receipt will be emailed once payment has been processed.
I am not a Member or Fellow of the RCoA – can I still attend an RCoA event?
The majority of our events are open to anyone who might find a particular event of value and interest. Each event also states whether there is a discounted rate for affiliates. Where an event is open to a specific delegate group, this will be clearly stated.
How do I get to the RCoA?
To view directions to the RCoA, please click here.
How do I know if the event is fully booked?
An event will be clearly marked as 'Fully Booked' on the Events Calendar and it will not be possible to apply for the event using our online bookings system. If the event you are interested in is fully booked, you can contact the Events Team and request to be put onto the waiting list.
How can I put my name on a waiting list?
When an event is marked as 'Fully Booked' you can contact the Events Team and request to be put onto the waiting list. As soon as a place becomes available you will be contacted to check whether you are still interested in attending. There is no guarantee that once placed on a waiting list a place will become available at an event.
How do I cancel my place on the event?
Notice of cancellation should be sent to the Events Team at least ten working days prior to the event to qualify for a refund. Written/e-mail confirmation (email@example.com) is required for all cancellations. All refunds are subject to the deduction of an administration fee.
Can I transfer my booking to another event?
If you are unable to attend an event you have booked and paid for and would like to transfer to another event, please contact the Events Team (firstname.lastname@example.org). All transfers will be made on an individual basis and are at the discretion of the College.
I attended an event. How do I record this activity on the online CPD system?
Our events are mapped against the CPD Matrix and CPD codes can be found on the event programmes. Further information on the CPD system and how to record the activity can be found here.
How do I access online lectures and webcasts?
Please visit our Webcasts pages for all online lectures and further information.
- About the College
- About the College Overview
- RCoA Strategic Plan
- Annual Review and Financial Statements 2015-2016
- Membership and Subscriptions
- College Merchandise
- College Calendar
- Venue and Facilities Hire
- President and Council
- Structure, Organisation and Regulations
- Regional Advisers and College Tutors
- College Heritage
- Job Vacancies at the College
- Senior Fellows Club
- College Publications
- Contact the College
- Careers and Training
- Careers and Training Overview
- Shape of Training
- Considering a Career in Anaesthesia
- Recruitment into Anaesthesia
- Training and the Training Programme
- Trainee Representation
- The RCoA Guide for Novice Trainees
- Trainee e-Portfolio
- Excellence, Grants and College Medals
- Career and Personal Difficulties
- Less-Than-Fulltime Consultant Careers
- Career Breaks and Returning to Work
- CESR and Equivalence
- SAS and Specialty Doctors
- Global Partnerships
- Regional Advisers and College Tutors
- Working Time Regulations
- Workforce Planning
- Anaesthesia-related Professionals
- Careers and Training Publications
- Contact the Training Department
- Examinations Overview
- The FRCA Examination
- Primary FRCA MCQ
- Primary FRCA OSCE/SOE
- Final FRCA Written
- Final FRCA SOE
- Exam Results, Statistics & Allocations
- Physicians' Assistant (Anaesthesia) OSCE
- Exam Syllabus and Regulations
- Eligibility and Exemptions
- Dates, Fees and Applications
- Resources for Candidates
- Guidance for Unsuccessful Candidates
- The Candidate Newsletter
- Examiner and Examiner Applicants
- Observers and Visitors to Examinations
- Examinations Publications
- Contact the Exams Department
- Education, Events and Research
- Clinical Quality, Standards and Safety
- Clinical Quality Overview
- Standards of Clinical Practice
- Safety in Anaesthesia
- Governance and Support
- Support for Doctors and FAQs
- Invited Review (ART)
- Clinical Services Accreditation (ACSA)
- College Representation on AACs
- Airway Leads
- Clinical Quality FAQs
- Patient Information Leaflets
- Clinical Quality Publications
- Contact the Clinical Quality Directorate
- Revalidation and CPD
- News and the Bulletin
- For Patients and Relatives
- Patients and Relatives Overview
- Common Concerns and FAQs
- Who are Anaesthetists?
- Information about Anaesthesia
- Information for Children and Parents
- Commercial Printing of our Leaflets
- Making Anaesthesia Safer
- Complaints about your Doctor or treatment
- The Lay Committee (LC)
- Patient information Publications
- Contact the Patient Information Unit
- Education, Events & Research Overview
- Calendar of Events
- Anaesthetists as Educators (AaE)
- e-Learning Anaesthesia (e-LA)
- BJA and BJA Education Online
- Contact the Education Department