Professor William Harrop-Griffiths
MA MB BS FRCA FCAI (Hon)
Term of office on Council
Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust, London
Professor William Harrop-Griffiths qualified from Oxford and St Thomas’s Hospital, London in 1981 after training in London and Seattle, USA. Appointed as a Consultant Anaesthetist at St Mary’s Hospital since 1991. Areas of interest within the specialty are Regional anaesthesia. Roles at the Royal College of Anaesthetists include Chair of the Clinical Quality and Research Board, also ACCEA Lead. Will's other interests are English grammar, bicycles and motorcycles.
Register of Interests
- Member of the Association of Anaesthetists
- British Medical Association
- Regional Anaesthesia UK
- European Society of Regional Anaesthesia
- Obstetric Anaesthetists Association
- employee of Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust, London
- conducts independent private medical practice in London
- member of a Limited Liability Partnership that provides private obstetric anaesthetic services at the Lindo Wing, St Mary’s Hospital, London
- wife is a General Practitioner in Hammersmith and Fulham, Training Programme Director for GP Specialist Training (Riverside), Associate Dean (GP), HENWL and LMC member, Hammersmith and Fulham.