COVID-19 and Examinations
Postponements and revisions
The College has carefully considered the potential impact of COVID-19 on our examinations (FRCA, FFPM, FFICM) and regretfully we have had to make the difficult decision to postpone the following examinations. Revised dates for these examinations are shown in brackets.
- FFPMRCA SOE in March (to be combined with the session on 13 October 2020)
- FFICM OSCE/SOE in April (to be combined with the session on 19 - 21 October 2020)
- FRCA Primary OSCE/SOE in May (candidates booked for May have been transferred to the November session. Additional days of exams are being planned, months and dates tbc)
- FRCA Final SOE in June (next sitting December 2020. An additional exam scheduled for 2021, month and date tbc)
- FFICM MCQ in July (to be combined with the session on 12 January 2021)
If you have been transferred to the next exam session, you will have already been contacted personally by email. If you have not received any correspondence or these postponements affect your eligibility towards a future sitting, such as the validity of a previous examination, please contact the College.
We will be advising schools that trainees should be allowed to progress through the training programme without having passed exams as an exceptional measure. For further information on training and career progression, please see the joint ICM and Anaesthesia website on COVID-19 anaesthetists and intensivists in training
Contact the College at firstname.lastname@example.org