Anaesthetist in Training
All anaesthetists in training are required to be registered with the College. Please complete a trainee registration form which is available here.
£175.00 (no overseas rate)
Benefits of Anaesthetist in Training membership
We are committed to building a strong membership and professional body that all anaesthetists can be proud of and are devoted to supporting you throughout every stage of your career.
Results from our recent membership surveys show a clear majority of fellows and members rate the College ‘good’ or ‘very good’ as a membership organisation – something we are proud of. Delivering good value for money is important to us, and we have been able to maintain some of the lowest membership fees across the Medical Royal Colleges whilst ensuring we provide our fellows and members with a wide range of benefits.
Please see the list of some top benefits for this membership category below:
- access to the College’s e-Learning system
- support from College Tutors
- College mailings to keep you up to date, including news of all future educational courses and events, the President's monthly newsletter and the College’s Annual Report
- the monthly British Journal of Anaesthesia (BJA)
- the monthly BJA Education – with access to its online CPD material
- the bi-monthly College Bulletin magazine
- access to the Lifelong Learning platform *
- access to support and guidance through revalidation and access to the CPD diary within the Lifelong Learning platform
- advice and assistance on all examination related matters, as well as access to FRCA examination guidance interviews (conditions apply)
- 25% discount on selected RCoA events
- Voting rights for this category relates to the College Council elections when appropriate.
- you are eligible for a TOTUM PRO card, offering you great discounts. To purchase a TOTUM PRO card, please call the Membership Engagement team on 020 7092 1700 for a verification code.
For a full list of benefits the College provides its fellows and members dependent on categories, please click here.
Through your membership, the College is also able to advance our specialty by carrying out important work in clinical standards, patient safety and research. This includes:
- the National Audit Projects (NAPs) and the Sprint National Anaesthesia Projects (SNAP)
- the Anaesthesia Clinical Services Accreditation (ACSA) scheme, with benefits delivered to patients, clinicians and anaesthetic departments across the UK
- the National Emergency Laparotomy Audit (NELA) which has helped save hundreds of patients’ lives each year since its inception
- keeping our NICE accredited anaesthetic standards setting document, Guidelines for the Provision of Anaesthetic Services (GPAS), up to date
- development of the Centre for Perioperative Care (CPOC).
*Due to work on the new curricula taking place on the Lifelong Learning Platform (LLP) there will be a delay in your LLP account being created, you will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org the week commencing 2nd August 2021 with a link to create your log in for your portfolio. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
To be able to take full advantage of College benefits
and get involved in College initiatives