Senior Fellows and Members Club
Fellows and members, who have come to the end of their career and are no longer in substantive employment. Further details about the SFMC can be found here.
With BJA £105.00
Without BJA £65.00
Benefits of Senior Fellows and Members Club (SFMC) membership
We are committed to building a strong membership and professional body that all anaesthetists can be proud of and are devoted to supporting you throughout every stage of your career and during retirement.
Results from our 2018 membership survey showed a clear majority of fellows and members rated the College ‘good’ or ‘very good’ as a membership organisation – something we are proud of. Delivering good value for money is important to us, and we have been able to maintain some of the lowest membership fees across the medical royal colleges while ensuring we provide our fellows and members with a wide range of benefits.
Please see the list of some top benefits for this membership category below:
- invitation to SFMC social meetings twice a year with scientific, cultural and educational talks, as well as updates from the College
- dependent on the SFMC option you select you can continue accessing the academic publications: British Journal of Anaesthesia and BJA Education - with access to its online CPD material
- access to College publications: College Bulletin, President's News , Devolved nations’ e-newsletter and/or The International Anaesthetist
- College mailings to keep you up to date, including news of all future educational courses and events and the College’s Annual Review
- access to our My RCoA portal
- 50% discount on selected RCoA events
- access to support and guidance through revalidation and access to the CPD diary within the Lifelong Learning platform *
- voting rights for this category relates to the College Council elections when appropriate
- continued use of post nominal achieved during Anaesthetic career if applicable
For a full list of benefits the College provides its fellows and members dependent on categories, please click here.
Through your membership, the College is also able to advance our specialty by carrying out important work in clinical standards, patient safety and research. This includes:
- the National Audit Projects (NAPs) and the Sprint National Anaesthesia Projects (SNAP)
- the Anaesthesia Clinical Services Accreditation (ACSA) scheme, with benefits delivered to patients, clinicians and anaesthetic departments across the UK
- the National Emergency Laparotomy Audit (NELA) which has helped save hundreds of patients’ lives each year since its inception
- keeping our NICE accredited anaesthetic standards setting document, Guidelines for the Provision of Anaesthetic Services (GPAS), up to date
- development of the Centre for Perioperative Care (CPOC).
Contact the Membership Engagement team to change your category to SFMC