Professor Jaideep Pandit
MA, BM, DPhil, FRCA, FFPMRCA, DM
Term of office on Council
Professor Jaideep Pandit is a consultant anaesthetist at the Oxford University Hospitals. Trained in Medicine at Oxford (Corpus Christi College) obtaining a First in Physiology, and university prizes in Medicine, Cardiology and Clinical Pharmacology. After a Wellcome Trust Research Fellowship to support a DPhil in Respiratory Physiology, undertook anaesthetic training in the Oxford region. Assistant Professor of Anesthesiology at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA (1998-9), appointed to his NHS Consultant post at the John Radcliffe in 1999 and elected to St John’s 2000.
Jaideep is the Chairman of Examiners, Graduate-Entry Medical Exams and has served as Assessor and then examiner for Final Honour School until 2009. He is Training Programme Director for over 400 NHS consultants, supervising their specialist registration as trainers with the General Medical Council.
Register of Interests
- Deputy Scientific Officer, Difficult Airway Society
- assistant Editor, Anaesthesia and Analgesia
- professorial and Governing Body Fellow by Special Election, St John's College, Oxford
- associate Professor, Nuffield Department of Clinical Sciences, University of Oxford
- member of British Medical Association
- fellow of the Royal Statistical Society
- associate Director, Medical Education, Worcester Acute NHS Trust (on part-time secondment from Oxford University).
Operating Theatre Management
- Royalties from Cambridge University Press from worldwide sales of Practical Operating Theatre Management
- registered with Oxford University Consulting Services, I serve as an Associate, Deloitte plc to advise on their partnerships with NHS Trusts on theatre management
- I undertake medicolegal work as an expert witness
- I or my immediate family holds investments or insurance policies directly or indirectly with Standard Life, Friends Provident, AXA PPP, Aviva or subsidiaries, amongst which are companies that have some involvement in healthcare related matters
- Wife is Chief Medical Officer/Medical Director, Oxford University Hospitals Foundation Trust.