The RCoA is often asked to distribute external surveys to our members
Requests are regularly submitted by research-active members regarding the distribution of surveys relating to anaesthetists and their practice. Whilst the College does not directly distribute external surveys, we will advertise them on this page and in our established member communications, subject to approval. Members wishing to submit a survey should closely follow the guidance on this page.
Survey Submission Guidelines
- approved surveys are shared as links on this webpage or electronically as part of established RCoA communication channels – only apply if your project is using an online survey tool
- the scheduling of all survey distribution and the inclusion of specific surveys is at the RCoA’s discretion
- please be aware that the RCoA also runs its own surveys of members and your project may clash with ongoing RCoA work
- there may also be a number of surveys awaiting distribution and your project timescales may not line up with RCoA capacity
- the RCoA will not bulk email its members with a message specific to your survey, nor will it coordinate physical mail-outs of survey materials
- survey links will only be circulated following review by members of Council for relevance to the overall RCoA strategy, and a subsequent methodological review by members of the HSRC Executive Management Board. Applicants with fixed data collection time-frames should plan several weeks’ lead-in time for any submission to accommodate this, plus any changes required by the reviewers to the survey contents
- return completed Survey Application Forms to email@example.com.
Whilst the RCoA has agreed to circulate the links for these surveys for the interest of its members, unless otherwise noted, neither the RCoA nor HSRC are members of the survey teams or official sponsors of any of these research projects.
Name of Survey: Survey to compare traditional vs online teaching
Name of Lead Researcher: Dr Jyothima Pippalapalli
Brief Overview: As an anaesthetic trainee, the COVID-19 pandemic has been a very challenging time both at the workplace and in continuing our training and education. To overcome this, one of the significant changes that we got accustomed to is online teaching. Although it has many advantages, like conveniences to attend from home, less hassle of travel, greener planet and more, it has its drawbacks like, cannot meet colleagues, difficult to concentrate, etc. This survey aims to understand the views of all our anaesthetic colleagues with regards to the virtual teaching that has been used a lot during the pandemic.
Survey Link: https://forms.gle/mx1FCxTdofeHH1Fb9
Target Audience: Consultants, trainees, SAS, MTI, Clinical fellow, Senior fellow, Anaesthetic associates
Closing date: 15 September 2022
Name of Survey: UK MAP of Regional Anaesthesia
Name of Lead Researcher: Dr Boyne Bellew
Brief Overview: The 2021 RCoA Curriculum significantly increases the level of proficiency in regional anaesthesia expected of trainees. Regional Anaesthesia United Kingdom (RAUK) wish to support trainers to meet this increased demand. The first step is to assess the existing level of provision of Regional Anaesthesia training infrastructure across the UK. With the new curriculum now in place we would be very grateful if you would complete this short survey co-ordinated by RAUK which aims to assess the delivery of regional anaesthesia training throughout the UK. By examining this important area of the curriculum, we hope to gain a unique overview of RA training in the UK at the onset of the new curriculum, providing useful information to guide the future development and delivery of training standards.
Target Audience: RCoA College Tutors
Closing date: 31 January 2023
Do you have a survey you wish to submit to the College?
Please ensure that you complete a Survey Application Form in full before making your submission. If you have any queries, please contact the HSRC for advice.