Nominations Open: Election to RCoA Council
Nominations for election to the Council of the Royal College of Anaesthetists are now open.
The College is keen to encourage as diverse a group of people as possible to nominate themselves. Nominees will be asked to include a 300-word election statement and the contact details and College reference numbers of three Fellows who support the application. A photograph and a short CV are optional extras for nomination but are recommended. Applications can be started, saved, and returned to later without any work being lost. Please note that the election ballot will list candidates in the order their completed nominations were submitted. Nominations close on 20 October at 12:00pm.
Successful candidates will take up their positions in March 2022 and will have the opportunity to play a hugely important role in the working life of the College. We are keen to achieve a diverse and representative Council and welcome self-nominations from a wide range of eligible candidates.
Please read the eligibility information carefully before beginning your application.
- six Consultant vacancies: to be eligible for this vacancy you must be on the specialist register and a Fellow by Examination or a Fellow Ad Eundem
- one SAS vacancy: to be eligible for this vacancy you must be:
- a Fellow who is not a Consultant or Anaesthetist in Training
- a Member who is not a Consultant or Anaesthetist in Training
- (Please note that Associate members and Affiliate Members are not eligible)
- one Anaesthetist in Training vacancy: to be eligible for this vacancy you must be a Fellow of the College. You must also be registered as a trainee with the College at the time of taking up the Council seat in March 2022
The role description for members of Council can be found here and within the self-nomination website. All those wishing to be elected are asked to read this document before beginning your application.
- 22 September 2021: Nominations open. The call for self-nominations will be publicised on the website, via social media, by direct email communications, in the President’s eNewsletter and the September Bulletin. Nominations will be via Civica’s online nomination platform.
- 20 October 2021 at 12:00pm: Nominations close. All completed nominations must be received on the online platform by this date. Any nominations or supporting materials received after this date will not be accepted.
- 17 November 2021: Ballot emails distributed. Ballots will be sent electronically by Civica to the email address registered at the College. The ballot process will be managed and verified by Civica.
- 16 December 2021 at 12:00pm: Ballot closes. Ballots must be returned to Civica by 12:00pm.
- 17 December 2021: Results announced. The election results will be declared via the College website as soon as possible following the verification of the ballot count. The results will also be published in the President’s eNewsletter and the Bulletin.
- 9 March 2022: New members will be admitted to their first Council meeting