The RCoA is often asked to distribute external surveys to our members
Requests are regularly submitted by research-active members regarding the distribution of surveys relating to anaesthetists and their practice. Whilst the College does not directly distribute external surveys, we will advertise them on this page and in our established member communications, subject to approval. Members wishing to submit a survey should closely follow the guidance on this page.
Survey Submission Guidelines
- approved surveys are shared as links on this webpage or electronically as part of established RCoA communication channels – only apply if your project is using an online survey tool
- the scheduling of all survey distribution and the inclusion of specific surveys is at the RCoA’s discretion
- please be aware that the RCoA also runs its own surveys of members and your project may clash with ongoing RCoA work
- there may also be a number of surveys awaiting distribution and your project timescales may not line up with RCoA capacity
- the RCoA will not bulk email its members with a message specific to your survey, nor will it coordinate physical mail-outs of survey materials
- survey links will only be circulated following review by members of Council for relevance to the overall RCoA strategy, and a subsequent methodological review by members of the HSRC Executive Management Board. Applicants with fixed data collection time-frames should plan several weeks’ lead-in time for any submission to accommodate this, plus any changes required by the reviewers to the survey contents
- return completed Survey Application Forms to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Whilst the RCoA has agreed to circulate the links for these surveys for the interest of its members, unless otherwise noted, neither the RCoA nor HSRC are members of the survey teams or official sponsors of any of these research projects.
The College encourages its members and fellows to participate in the following projects:
Title: A national survey of anaesthetists regarding approaches to analgesia in patients undergoing emergency laparotomy.
Aim: To investigate current practice by anaesthetists in the United Kingdom regarding approach to analgesia in the emergency laparotomy population.
Intended audience: Anaesthetists of all grades.
Closing date: 17th January 2022
Link to survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/9PCNNJ6
Do you have a survey you wish to submit to the College?
Please ensure that you complete a Survey Application Form in full before making your submission. If you have any queries, please contact the HSRC for advice.