RCoA and NIHR Research Awards 2021
The Royal College of Anaesthetists is pleased to resume three awards in conjunction with the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) Clinical Research Network (CRN). The awards are designed to recognise NHS clinicians (consultants and anaesthetists in training) who are making outstanding contributions to clinical research, particularly in relation to NIHR CRN portfolio research studies. These awards will open for applications on 19 July and close on 30 September 2021.
Applicants must be NHS clinicians (clinical academics are not eligible) and must be a fellow or member of the College. Clinicians can enter under one of three categories:
- consultant (including SAS doctors)
- anaesthetist in training (individual)
- anaesthetist in training (network).
Applicants must outline their contribution, engagement or leadership of NIHR Clinical Research Network portfolio studies with particular focus in the following areas:
- how you demonstrate clinical leadership or engagement to enable your organisation to increase its participation in NIHR CRN portfolio studies
- how you engaged with patients to inform them of new opportunities to participate in NIHR CRN clinical research
- your contribution to the successful delivery of NIHR CRN portfolio studies.
Each award carries a £1,000 prize. There is a short application form to apply (see attachment). The awards are designed to recognise clinicians who engage in academic research alongside their clinical work, would not be typically ‘research active’ and may be in the early stages of their research career.
For more information and to download an application form, visit https://www.niaa.org.uk/article.php?newsid=2227