The Welsh Board is focused on supporting and implementing the College's strategy in Wales. Its main objective is to promote high standards of training and practice in anaesthesia in Wales, while maintaining a cohesive and consistent approach to all aspects of College core business across the UK. With the increasingly divergent healthcare system in Wales the board acknowledge and ensure active engagement with Welsh Government.
"As Chair of the RCoA Welsh Board I attend College Council meetings and facilitates liaison between the speciality in Wales and the College."
The Board consists of an elected member of Council, six elected Consultant members an elected Staff and Associate Specialist (SAS), a trainee and the College RAA for Wales. It also comprises a representative from the following:
- the Welsh Intensive Care Regional Advisers
- the Welsh Pain Medicine Regional Advisers
- the Association of Anaesthesia
- the College's Lay Committee
- a Clinical Director or equivalent representative
- the College senior management, usually the Chief Executive or a director.
Minutes from the past two Welsh Board meetings can be found below:
You can find the most recent Welsh Newsletter here