RCoA and BJA webinar: Chronic Opioid Use: the Other Pandemic
The RCoA and British Journal of Anaesthesia are pleased to announce a series of webinars available to our members on how to optimise your reading of the medical literature.
This webinar will discuss a recent guideline paper from the BJA on Chronic opioid use.
We were unable to answer all the questions during the live webinar, please find some additional questions and answers here.
- Dr Hugh Hemmings, Editor in Chief, British Journal of Anaesthesia
- Professor Lesley Colvin, Chair of Pain Medicine/ Hon Consultant in Anaesthesia & Pain Medicine Editor, British Journal of Anaesthesia
- Chronic opioid use-can guidelines guide us: To discuss guidelines around opioid use - Professor Lesley Colvin, Chair of Pain Medicine/ Hon Consultant in Anaesthesia & Pain Medicine Editor, British Journal of Anaesthesia
- Are opioids indispensable for general anesthesia? -Professor Talmage Egan, Professor, Department Of Anesthesiology, University of Utah
- What's in the opioid pipeline? New approaches to analgesia- Professor David Lambert, Senior Lecturer, University of Leicester
- Featured method: Guidelines, Consensus Statements and Expert Opinion-is there any difference? - Dr Lisa Qia Rong, Assistant Professor of Clinical Anesthesiology, Weill Cornell Medicine
This webinar was recorded on 20 October 2020