Fellow by Examination
A registered medical practitioner who has passed the final FRCA Exam.
£495.00 (overseas £250.00)
Benefits of Fellow by Examination membership
We are committed to building a strong membership and professional body that all anaesthetists can be proud of and are devoted to supporting you throughout every stage of your career.
Results from our recent membership surveys show a clear majority of fellows and members rate the College ‘good’ or ‘very good’ as a membership organisation – something we are proud of. Delivering good value for money is important to us, and we have been able to maintain some of the lowest membership fees across the Medical Royal Colleges whilst ensuring we provide our fellows and members with a wide range of benefits.
Please see the list of some top benefits for this membership category below:
- the monthly British Journal of Anaesthesia
- the monthly BJA Education – with access to its online CPD material
- the bi-monthly College Bulletin - the magazine for members of the Royal College of Anaesthetists
- College mailings to keep you up to date, including news of all future educational courses and events, the monthly President's News and the College’s Annual Review
- access to the College’s e-Learning system (at a reduced rate if working overseas)
- access to support and guidance through revalidation and access to the CPD diary within the Lifelong Learning platform *
- Voting rights for this category relates to the College Council elections when appropriate
- Fellows may be elected to seats on College Council – relates to the College Council elections when appropriate
- post nominal of FRCA.
For a full list of benefits the College provides its fellows and members dependent on categories, please click here.
Through your membership, the College is also able to advance our specialty by carrying out important work in clinical standards, patient safety and research. This includes:
- the National Audit Projects (NAPs) and the Sprint National Anaesthesia Projects (SNAP)
- the Anaesthesia Clinical Services Accreditation (ACSA) scheme, with benefits delivered to patients, clinicians and anaesthetic departments across the UK
- the National Emergency Laparotomy Audit (NELA) which has helped save hundreds of patients’ lives each year since its inception
- keeping our NICE accredited anaesthetic standards setting document, Guidelines for the Provision of Anaesthetic Services (GPAS), up to date
- development of the Centre for Perioperative Care (CPOC).
To be able to take full advantage of College benefits
and get involved in College initiatives