AAC (Advisory Appointment Committee) Assessor
RCoA representative at AAC panels.
Panels attended per year based on availability and special interest of post holder. Panels are typically 0.5–1 day, plus shortlisting time.
National, travel required.
- The number of AAC panels attended per year is decided by the post holder, based on availability and special interest. Panels are typically 0.5–1 day, plus shortlisting time.
- Provided that they meet the criteria below, fellows that are retired from clinical practice are welcome to act as AAC assessors for two years following their retirement.
- Are an experienced anaesthetist including having a current or previous leadership role in management, service, teaching or research.
- Must be on the GMC specialist register.
- Have experience of recruitment processes.
- Are familiar with and able to apply the standards relevant to their clinical specialty.
- Are familiar with the concept of professional standards or regulation.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Have highly developed interpersonal skills with proven ability to establish credible and effective working relationships.
- Have integrity, and base judgements upon an unbiased and logical approach, maintaining flexibility and consideration of the wider context.
- Are able to work effectively as a team member.
- Are able to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Have a clear understanding of confidentiality.
- Have commitment and respect for equality and diversity.
- Have valid equal opportunities training.
- You must be a team player, friendly, and an expert in your specialty.
How to apply
Please complete and submit the application form available here.