Support for individuals

Do you need help now?

There are support services available that can provide direct and confidential support. 

Help is available if you need it. There are organisations that provide direct and confidential support for your mental health and wellbeing. The services listed below specialise in supporting doctors and others working for the NHS.  

Industrial action in the NHS

We have compiled some information and FAQs for members about the ongoing industrial action by junior doctors. This includes signposting to further guidance and support. Although the College does not have a role in negotiations about our members’ terms and conditions of service, we recognise the right of doctors and other healthcare professionals to take industrial action, and we understand why many may wish to do so.

College representatives who can support you 

Our College representatives can support you in your training. These roles include College Tutors, Bernard Johnson Training Advisors and Regional Advisors Anaesthesia. You can find out more about these roles and how they can help you on the support for examinations and training page.  

Wellbeing Lead in your department 

We recommend that all departments appoint a Wellbeing Lead to support the health and wellbeing of staff. They can be a good first port of call if your wellbeing at work is suffering.  

If you don’t have a Wellbeing Lead in your department, you may wish to suggest to your department leadership that one is appointed. We have provided a standardised job description and person specification to make it easier for departments and trusts to appoint a Wellbeing Lead.