Nominations Open: Election to RCoA Council
Nominations for election to the Council of The Royal College of Anaesthetists are now open.
Successful candidates will take up their positions in March 2021 for an initial six-year term and will have the opportunity to play a hugely important role in the working life of the College. Joining Council provides you with an excellent opportunity to contribute to your College, influence our professional policy, and represent our Members at all stages of their working lives. We are keen to achieve a diverse and representative Council and welcome self-nominations from a wide range of eligible candidates.
- 1 consultant vacancy: To be eligible for this vacancy you must be on the specialist register and a Fellow by Examination or a Fellow Ad Eundem
- 1 SAS vacancy: To be eligible for this vacancy you must be:
- A Fellow who is not a Consultant or Trainee, or
- A Member who is not a Consultant or Trainee
- 0 anaesthetist in training vacancies: There are no trainee vacancies this year
Information for those standing
The role description for members of Council can be found here. All those wishing to be elected are asked to read this document prior to self-nominating. Our current Council members are happy to discuss their experience of being on the College Council. Just email email@example.com and we’ll put you in touch.
- 22 September 2020: Nominations open via our election website: www.cesvotes.com/rcoa21
- 19 October 2020 at 12 noon: Nominations close: All completed nominations must be received on the online platform by this date. Any nominations or supporting materials received after this date and time will not be accepted.
- 16 November 2020: Ballot emails distributed: Ballots will be sent to all eligible voters electronically by Civica (formerly known as Electoral Reform Services) using the email addresses registered at the College. The ballot process will be managed and verified by Civica.
- 14 December 2020 at 12 noon: Election closes. Ballots must be returned to Civica by 12 noon.
- 15 December 2020: Results announced. The election results will be declared via the College website as soon as possible following the ballot count. The results will also be published in the President’s eNewsletter and the College Bulletin.
- 10 March 2021: New members will be admitted to their first Council meeting
Executive Office Manager
Royal College of Anaesthetists
020 7092 1612