Devolved Nation Boards
Devolved Nations Boards
The Royal College of Anaesthetists, after consultation with the regional specialities, set up the RCoA Scottish, Northern Irish and Welsh Boards.
The Boards maintain a cohesive and consistent approach to all aspects of College core business across the UK, while acknowledging and ensuring active engagement in interacting with the increasingly divergent healthcare system in each region.
The main responsibilities for each board include:
- To keep under review matters relating to training and the practice of anaesthesia
- Undertake discussions and consultation with their government health department
- Direct communication with the President of the RCoA with the Chief Medical Office, the ministers and other officials
- Chair to attend the College Council meeting by election or by co-option and to facilitate liaison between the speciality region and the College
- Liaising with the Offices of the President and the Chief Executive regarding the organisation of Elections to the Board
- Coordinate the processs of the process of RCoA nominations for any awards in each region on behalf of the President of the Royal College of Anaesthetists