Primary and Final FRCA examinations regulations
The Regulations which govern the content and conduct of the examinations leading to the award of the Fellowship of the Royal College of Anaesthetists, specify:
- eligibility requirements;
- application procedures;
- limitations on the number of attempts;
- the options for guidance in the event of failure;
- the College statements on Equality and Diversity and Equality Analysis.
- Procedures for making representations, complaints and appeals, reasonable adjustment and special arrangement requests; and
- the procedures used for dealing with misconduct.
These Regulations have been approved by Education Training and Examinations Board of the Royal College of Anaesthetists. Regulations are subject to change by the General Medical Council/Royal College of Anaesthetists.
The list of Appendices cover:
- Exam structure and marking systems.
- Disability and Reasonable Adjustments Policy.
- Prize and commendation criteria.
- Dress codes.
- Electronic Devices, Mobile Phones and Smart Watches Policy.
- Misconduct and Copyright Policy.
- Additional Educational Training Form – AET Form1.
- Candidate Feedback Policy.