Taking the written exams online - guidance
Troubleshooting - problems with hardware
Problem with Webcam/Speaker/Microphone
- Troubleshooting is similar for all three. If any of these are external, check that they are plugged in.
- Open a normal window and clear your browser cache and then re open Practique.
- If not done already, open Practique in a Private/Incognito window.
- Check your internet connection.
- Make sure you have given your camera and microphone access to using Google Chrome:
o In Windows 10, type in Settings in the search box on the bottom right of the page, select Settings, then select Camera or Microphone and then toggle the slider to “allow desktop apps to access your camera/microphone”.
o If your Windows machine (often this is the case with laptops) does not have the above option, make sure “Let apps use my camera hardware/microphone” is toggled. You may still have to give Practique permission to use the camera and microphone when you first get onto the exam page.
o On a Mac, select Apple Menu – System preferences, click Security & Privacy, then click Privacy, Select “Camera”/”Microphone”, then select the tickbox next to the web app (Google Chrome) to allow it access to the camera/microphone.
- Contact TestReach Support at firstname.lastname@example.org / call +44 (0) 20 3475 8685