2021 Curriculum learning syllabus: stage 2
Education and Training
Stage learning outcome
- Plans, delivers and reflects on educational activities provided to other learners
Describes the processes involved in planning and delivering educational programmes
Provides safe clinical supervision of learners in the workplace
Seeks, reflects on and acts upon feedback on their delivered educational activity
Explains the role of the patient in teaching and learning and respects their wishes
Describes the advantages and limitations of simulation and technology enhanced learning
Actively participates in patient education
Provides timely and supportive developmental feedback for all colleagues
Leads departmental educational sessions
Examples of evidence
Experience & logbook:
- range of clinical experience taking advantage of all opportunities for teaching and learning.
Supervised Learning Events (SLEs) can be used to demonstrate:
- use of SLEs throughout stage of training to facilitate learning and guide progress
- supervision of more junior colleague.
Personal Activities and Personal Reflections may include:
- courses: teaching and training courses such as Generic Instructor (GIC), Anaesthetists as Educators
- acting as part of teaching faculty in simulation courses
- planning and delivery of teaching sessions with feedback
- development of patient information material
- involvement with development and/or delivery of department teaching programmes.
Cross links with other domains and capabilities
- all specialty specific and generic professional domains.