Stage 1 equivalent training guidance
Stage learning outcome
- Recognises, assesses and treats acute pain independently
- Differentiates between acute and chronic pain
Experience and learning requirements
- Learning outcomes similar to core level training in 2010 Anaesthetics curriculum, but access to pain management clinic or specific teaching session needed to cover the biopsychosocial model of pain management if not already learnt.
Examples of evidence
- Supervised Learning events (SLEs) from a range of surgical specialties, obstetrics and paediatrics including experience from acute pain rounds
This should be covered by the Pain unit of training in the 2010 curriculum, but in addition should include evidence of:
- attendance at pain management clinics
- teaching sessions or eLearning on biopsychosocial model of pain if not previously demonstrated.