Stage 1 equivalent training guidance
Perioperative Medicine and Health Promotion
Stage learning outcomes
- Identifies clinical and social challenges that increase risk for patients undergoing surgery
- Appreciates the principles of sustainability in clinical practice
Experience and learning requirements
- Some exposure to pre-operative assessment clinics; this may include obstetric anaesthetic clinics (supervision level 2b).
- Broad knowledge of national guidelines.
Examples of evidence
- Supervised Learning events (SLEs) across a range of surgical specialties and pre-operative assessment clinics. Examples of SLEs could be:
A-CEX for pre-operative assessment in the clinic or theatre setting
CBD including the discussion of local or national guidelines.
Personal Activities and Personal Reflections may include:
- attendance at pre-operative assessment clinics
- evidence of blood transfusion training
- eLearning or teaching sessions including NICE guidelines
resources for sustainability can be found at: https://www.rcoa.ac.uk/about-college/strategy-vision/environment-sustainability